Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by a number of substances, many of which resemble natural timber in their characteristics. The leading position among this chic assortment is accepted by tiles . It’s manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. As a result of abundant selection of textures 1poshtoram.ru and colors, such floors appear spectacular and stylish, and match with any style of room layout.
Benefits and disadvantages
The huge demand for floor tiles under laminate is explained not only with their own presentable appearance, but also by a number of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and natural sound timber, so it’s frequently used as the primary component for decorating floors.
One of the favorable properties of this material can be distinguished:
- Reliability in performance. The coating does not wear off and doesn’t lose its allure even after 50 years;
- security in program. The boards are resistant to elevated temperature changes, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. Products aren’t afraid of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The material is impermeable to water, therefore it is not a favorable place for the formation of fungus and mold;
- superb thermal insulation. Such coatings are suitable for the machine”warm floor”, as they consist of clay, which at high temperature Can conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles aren’t poor to floors made from pure wood or stone.
However ideal this material is, it is not devoid of downsides.
The primary disadvantages of synthetic laminate can include:
- The large cost. The product, which may last more than a dozen decades is expensive, but in operation, these prices are certain to pay off;
- low prices of noise insulation.
So far, tile under the laminate is produced of two different types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The first variant of the coat is obtained by the technology of monocottura.
This sort of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, nicely withstands mechanical loads.
In addition, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it is made from special types of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. Such boards are burnt and pressed under high pressure. The result is a durable and beautiful ending material.
The two kinds of boards just replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but occasionally square ones are available.